Thursday, November 24, 2005

Day One

Well, here we are day one - well it's day one for Jacob and I and it's week eleven for James, but since I'm writing this, we'll call it day one !

The flight from London was interesting - Jacob was very poorly, but a good boy nonetheless, he had a runny tummy, a rash on his stomach and then vomitting, but apart from that he was very good. I on the other hand was excellent, I wasn't scared at all and it was all a breeze. Made washing out pooey pants a pleasure !

So we arrived and we are all delighted to be back together again as a family, it's wonderful. Jacob wants to tell James everything and doesn't want to talk to me at all - totally understandable.

We had a bit of a nap this afternoon and then a touch of exploring, followed by a lovely dinner at Kargeen's - gorgeous humous and unlevened bread filled with olives, peppers and onions, followed by kofta and steak and washed down with the most fabulous fruit juices - mmmmmm - much better that the rather unpleasant veg pasta offered up on the plane.

So, here we are, we are in Oman at last and our adventure begins - and it begins with the MONSTERMOBILE - what a vechicle I have been presented with - it is massive and it is fabulous - I can't wait to get behind the wheel - well I can, as I think damage may ensue, but it's going to be fun, fun, fun.

Tomorrow we are thinking of a visit to the beach - oh is it snowing in England ? well nevermind !

No comments: